Faculty are the Heart of Emory University
Investing in Emory faculty and their research, scholarship, and publications will elevate students’ educational experiences, reinforcing Emory as a destination for future students and faculty.
Everything Emory accomplishes—from world-altering research and artistic expression to the outstanding liberal arts education that has long defined our university—is powered by our professors.
Making a gift to any of the funds listed below will not count in the Faculty Eminence and Research Excellence tally above because it will count in the total for its associated program area (i.e. Center for Ethics, Emory College, Rollins School of Public Health, etc.).
For Emory Day of Giving, we are highlighting several giving opportunities to support faculty eminence.
Emory is a Leading Research University
But what matters most are the numbers of lives saved, partnerships forged, and discoveries driven—around the globe.
Research at Emory spans a multitude of disciplines. The fields, applications, and implications of Emory research are exhaustive and have the potential to touch all our lives.
For Emory Day of Giving, we are highlighting the following giving opportunities to support research excellence across Emory.
- The Center for AIDS Research: Your gift supports efforts to identify, train, and mentor a new generation of excellent, diverse leaders who will work to end the HIV epidemic.
- Emory Vaccine Center: Your gift supports research leading to the development of effective vaccines against diseases of global importance such as HIV/AIDS, Ebola, Zika, and COVID-19. This work has also paved the way for discoveries now used in cancer immunotherapy treatments, organ transplants, and other diseases.
- Goizueta Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center: Your gift helps Emory improve the lives of people affected by Alzheimer's and related diseases through innovative research, education, and compassionate care.
- Sustainability Initiatives Fund: Your gift supports experiential paid internships for undergraduate and graduate students, fellowships for postgraduates researching climate solutions, social justice work, sustainability programs, and the Sustainability and Social Justice Incentives Fund, which provides financial support for anyone at Emory to lead their own sustainability research and programs.
- Winship Discovery Fund: Your gift supports research with the highest potential and most immediate need in the fight against cancer.